Excerpts from our Confession of Faith
- There is one God, existing as a Triune God in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. The Godhead is a unity (Deut. 6:4), and yet a plurality of Persons (the Hebrew word for God in Gen. 1:1, being the word Elohim, a uniplural noun), the Holy Spirit also being active in creation (Gen. 1:2), as was the Son (John 1:3; CoLI: 16).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished the work of redemption for sinners by the substitutionary sacrifice of Himself on the cross.
- We believe that The Holy Ghost is a Person, (John 16:7-15), that He is spirit and yet God, (Acts 5:3-4), He works to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgement, (John 16:9-11). He seals the believer until the day of redemption (Eph. 1:13,14).
- We believe the Scripture of Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of the Living God, inerrant in the original languages, and the only rule of faith and source of truth. (Deut. 32:4; John 17:17; II Tim. 2:15; II Tim. 3:16,17; II Pet. 1:20, 21)
- . The Word of God is eternal, unchangeable and perfect. (Matt. 24.35; Ps. 119-89; Ps. 19:7).
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God to whomsoever believes (Eph. 2:8-10; John 3:16; John 5:24; II Pet. 3:9; Titus 3:4-7). Salvation is due to the finished work and sacrifice of Christ, and to no other cause (John 19:30; Eph. 1:7; I Pet. 1:18-19; I Pet. 2:24; Eph. 2:8-9).
- We believe in justification or imputed righteousness. The believer is justified, and thereby righteous in God’s sight by believing in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His redemption of sinners purchased by the price of His blood on the cross (Gen. 15:16; John 3:16; John 5:24; Eph. 2:8-9; II Tim. 1:9; Titus 3:5; Rom. 3:2126; Rom. 4:20-25).
- We believe good works to be the fruit of salvation, and not the cause of it.
- We believe in the assurance of salvation, the eternal security of all believers. Once a person is saved he can never be lost, as Christ’s work for him is complete, and He is able to keep those given unto Him.
- The believer, although born again, still possesses the old nature, but is given victory to overcome through the work of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 6:12-14; Gal. 5:16).
- We believe that the church is the Body of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23), that it is a spiritual organism (not organization) made up of all born again persons (John 3:3; Eph. 2:19-22; Eph. 5:25-27; I Cor. 12:12-14).
- The church has the task of saving souls by the preaching of the Word (Acts 15:14; II Cor 5:18-20) and we believe that we are to keep the Lord’s Supper as a memorial of His death “till He comes:, and that Water Baptism is a symbol of the believer’s union with Christ in His death and resurrection, and is a mode of witness to the world (Matt. 26:26-29; I Cor 11:23-26; Mark 16:16; Rom. 6:3-10; Col. 2: 12).
- We believe that those saved in Christ will be raised in resurrection to eternal life, and the wicked to eternal conscious punishment (John 5:28-29; John 11:25-26; Rev. 20:5,6,12,13).
Please download the entire document at the top for the complete statement of faith.
Please contact us with any questions or to discuss any of these statements.